Carpeting is usually sold in standard widths, which makes it difficult in installing without creation of the seams, particularly in large rooms. While is impossible in making the seams completely invisible, choosing certain types of carpet and pattern help in drawing attention away from the seams, thereby making them less noticeable.
With regular usage, the carpet seam will start to show up each day very little. If this is the problem, your carpet seams might be suffering from age, direct lightning high traffic locations and poor installation. Besides, proper planning for placement of seams in a room is the key to making the seams less obtrusive.
Hiding the carpet seams can also be done by non-professionals. All you need is a little knowledge, free time and hard work.
Here is a List of Tools That You Will Require for Completing The Job.
- Carpet seam tape
- Seaming iron
- Glue gun and carpet glue stick
The first step in carpet seam repair is to diagnose the problems. There are two culprits, peaking and splitting. Peaking is done when two seams become loose and then bend upwards, causing a peak or slope. Splitting occurs when the carpet seams tear apart there leaving a gap.
For basic carpet repairing such as those of splitting seams and minor peaking regluing or seaming the tape over the affected portion is the easiest solution. If you are gluing your carpet, use your gun and apply a generous portion of carpet glue under the edges of the carpet. Press the edges into the glue and put heavy weight on top of it. Wait for a few hours before removing the weights or walking on the carpet.
Fixing the carpet with a seam tape involves pulling back the two loose pieces of carpet and remove the old one. Thereby placing the new seam tape in between the two pieces of your carpet, heating the tape with the help of a steaming iron. Press down the seams together onto the hot tape and run the iron over the carpet and the seam. Fix the seams with the help of heavy weight and wait for a few hours. If you are unable to fix the problem on your own, take help from professional carpet repair services.
Hiding The Carpet Seams
Hiding the carpet seams involves many steps. These include the following:
- Install the carpet strips in such a manner so that they run down toward the windows of your room rather than being perpendicular to them. The sunlight entering the room should flow over the seams. This will minimize the visibility of the seams, but will highlight or accentuate any valleys between the sections of the carpet running perpendicular to the windows
- You will need to select the same carpet for the all the adjoining rooms. If the carpets are of same colour and the style of them are blending together in large spaces would make the seams less noticeable.
- Position the seams so that they are falling in low traffic areas. Reduce the foot traffic reduces the likelihood of becoming less caught on the shores and the fibres that are wearing down on the seams.
- Regularly vacuum the area around the seams thoroughly. The suction helps in fluffing up the carpet fibres and plump them. This helps in better coverage of the gaps between the carpet strips.
To Get The Services On Call
Torn carpet repair is the most common type of repairing services that are provided by us and our team of experts. We Carpet Steam Cleaning Perth has been the best carpet repair services in your Perth city for more than four years. We have a team of professional carpet repair experts who are capable of repairing all types of carpet whether single coloured or highly textured. The professionals have been highly trained in solving all types of problems that are related to your carpet. You will not face any problems and to make your experience seamless and hassle-free, our experts will provide on-time services at your doorstep.